1 cinnamon stick
2 green cardamom pods
1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 finely chopped, medium onion
Small piece Ginger crushed
6 garlic cloves crushed
1/2 Teaspoon turmeric
1/2 Teaspoon coriander
1/2 Teaspoon Chilli powder
2 puréed tomatoes
4-5 chicken breast cut into cubes
Teaspoon Garam masala
* Start by adding oil to a large frying (about 3-4 tablespoons) pan over a medium to high heat. Add the garlic, cinnamon, cardamom and a teaspoon of cumin seeds and cook for around 30 seconds.
* Add the onion and cook until soft and golden.
* Stir in a table spoon of ginger and coriander, garlic, half a teaspoon of chilli and turmeric and a pinch of salt and pepper.
* Add the tomatoes and cook until the liquid in the pan has dried out (around 10 minutes should do).Place the chicken in the pan and cook for around 3 minutes until browned.
* Pour in around 300ml of water and allow to cook on a gentle heat for around 20 minutes.
* Check the chicken is thoroughly cooked before adding the garam masala. Leave to simmer for an extra 10-20minutes. Serve immediately with rice.