2 cups warm water
4 tsp instant yeast
1 Tbsp salt
4 cups whole wheat flour (can use all-purpose if desired)
1. Combine water and yeast in a large bowl. Let sit for a 8-10minutes.
2. Stir in salt and flour and combine mixture well. Cover and let rise for 1 hour – dough will be sticky.
3. Turn onto floured surface and knead lightly, cover with a towel and let rise 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 425F/ 218C/Gas7.
5. Divide dough into 6 balls. Roll each into an 8″ oval shape with a rolling pin.
6. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.Place sheet on a rack that’s placed in the lower half of the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until oval shapes have puffed up like pillows and are lightly brown – don’t over bake!
7. Layer up with beans as in the picture or open up and fill with a filling of your choice. Enjoy!