Simple Goat Stew Recipe
1 kg Goat meat in cutlets
1 Tablespoon veg oil
1/2 cup passata tomatoes
I large red onion (or white)
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Teaspoon dried rosemary
1 Teaspoon turmeric
2-3 maggi cubes
1 oxo beef cube
1/2 teaspoon dried chilli peppers (optional)
Salt to season
1. Place washed goat meat pieces in a large deep cooking pot with water, then season with salt. Place on medium heat. Let cook for an 1hour -2 hours until the meat is tender.
2. Once there is about a cup of stock left in the meat, after it has cooked, place aside and add just a tablespoon of vegetable oil (rapeseed oil) , paprika, pepper, maggi, rosemary,turmeric & chilli peppers, then begin to fry, browning the meat well, once the bottom of pot starts to dry up, add a bit of the stock and make sure you are mixing the meat, stock and spices well.
3. Once the meat is browned, add onions , garlic and fry until the onion has softened. Add passata tomatoes and let cook for a few minutes. Add the oxo cubes (with these ones you can open the pack and just sprinkle on top of the meat)then add the remaining goat meat stock.
4. Mix the meat well, taste for seasoning, reduce heat and leave to simmer on very low for a further 20-30minutes.
Once done, it should be very tender and the gravy red-brown and nicely thickened.
5. NB: Goat has a lot of fat, so always try to trim any excess fat before cooking and also drain any excess oil after cooking . To get rid of that goaty smell from the meat, you can add onions at the beginning, that way, the smell is not as strong.
Lastly, Remember to thank me😄
going home for the holidays and thank you for this recipe, will buy all my ingredients mbudzi irikumberi.
I am already salivating. Thanks for the recipe and procedure.